If you’re a cold brew coffee lover, then you must require a reliable, efficacious, and first-class coffee grinder that can carry out a good performance. So, in our Best Coffee Grinder for Cold Brew, we will inform you about the top 5 best coffee grinders that are really amazing for cold brew.
Want to improve your coffee’s flavor? Well, Do you know where the magic is? In fact, the magic of boosting coffee’s flavor lies in the grinds. Because coffee grinders squeeze the genuine flavor from the beans. Thus, you can get a delicious cup of cold-brew coffee.
But you have to keep in mind that all the coffee grinders in the market don’t perform well with cold brew coffee. So, finding the best reliable and effective coffee grinders for cold brew may seem quite disheartening.
That’s why, in our best coffee grinder consumer reports, we have tried to inform you about the five best coffee grinders that are especially best for all aspects as well as for cold brew.
So, before purchasing a coffee grinder, have a glance at our five top best coffee grinders for cold brew lovers because these are our best selections.
Besides, you can read the Best Food Dehydrator Consumer Reports!
Editor’s Choice: Bodum BISTRO Burr Coffee Grinder– “Get the bean’s natural flavor and aroma with this Bodum Electric Burr Grinder. This burr coffee grinder looks awesome and comes with a compact footprint on the countertop. As a coffee grinder, it wouldn’t be quiet but compared to the other models, this is relatively quiet enough.
However, you can use this for espresso, Drip Coffee, Moka pots, pour-over, french press, cold brew, and drip pot without any complaints. Overall, I highly recommend the Bodum 1 EA as the best burr coffee grinder for a cold brew with a very fine size and consistent grind.”
Best Overall: OXO BREW Conical Burr Coffee Grinder– “If you want to buy the best burr grinder overall without doing any research, then you may put this OXO Brew Conical Burr Coffee Grinder in your buggy!! You may note the issues or static problems you face using other coffee grinders and this OXO Brew Grinder might be the successful approach to those issues.
Its hopper is large enough to hold Coffee beans and the ground container is very easy to clean and handle. However, considering the best coffee grinder consumer reports, I highly recommend this OXO Brew as the best-rated coffee grinder for cold brew overall.”
Best for Multiple GRIND Settings: Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder-“This is the specialty coffee association award-winning grinder and most of the coffee professionals preferred this conical burr coffee grinder. Besides, this Baratza Encore is the best pick burr grinder in American Test Kitchen.
If you want to find a grinder that comes with tons of grind settings, then this could be the best option as it comes with 40 grind settings that help you to get consistent grind. So, you can start your foray into the world of craft coffee with this Baratza Encore Coffee Grinder and make espresso to cold brew with the best results.”
Best Coffee Grinder For Cold Brew $100: Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder– “At this price, this is the top-notch coffee grinder in the American Test Kitchen. This burr grinder provides precision grinding and comes with a wide grinding range. The Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder is a heavily built grinder and according to most of the users’ comments, this grinder is going strong for a long time.
Overall, if you want finely ground coffee beans, then I strongly recommend you use this burr grinder as one of the best coffee grinders that are good for cold brew.”
Best for Price: KRUPS Professional Electric Coffee Burr Grinder– “With a little price, this burr grinder comes with excellent looking, safety convenient features, removable top burr, and more useful specifications. The hopper and the grind container of this electric coffee burr grinder are relatively easier to clean compared to the other models at this budget.
However, with some small inconveniences, you really can’t find a better burr grinder than this for this price.”
What Is Cold Brew Coffee?
Cold-brew is a popular method of brewing coffee in cold water instead of hot. It also may be made with ice-cold water but needs an extended period of time like 8 to 24 hours to brew actually. The outcome of the cold-brew process is beverages with a lavish coffee flavor and great caffeine content. In fact, cold brew has been widely known for more than half a century but has achieved its popularity a few years ago.
Why cold brew?
Actually, cold brew is a wonderful substitute for hot coffee drinks as well as is very simple to prepare also. But if you want to know why cold brew or why people love cold brew the answer will be just for fresh flavor and softer taste. Besides, it contains less acidity than regular coffee drinks.
Do you need a coffee grinder?
If you want to brew better coffee every time you need it, then it’s better to have a coffee grinder at home. Why don’t you use a coffee grinder to refine your coffee over time? So, you need a good coffee grinder at home to take a genuine taste of a cup of cold brew coffee.
What’s the difference between cold brew and iced coffee?
Though both cold brew and iced coffee sound alike, there are some differences between them. In fact, cold brew coffee and iced coffee are not the same. Cold-brew coffee is prepared using time instead of heat. It’s made by leaving steep ground coffee for at least 12 hours cool.
That results in it extracts oils, sugars, and caffeine from the coffee grounds to provide genuine flavor. Besides, cold brew coffee is not as acidic as iced coffee. On the other hand, Iced coffee is an instant coffee that’s made by brewing hot coffee letting it cool pouring over ice.
How often should I clean my coffee grinder?
It’s necessary to keep your coffee grinder clean because the coffee grinders deal with building up coffee beans oils. So, if you don’t clean properly then the oils will go rancid over time and at a time it will badly affect the flavor of your coffee.
Therefore, you often should clean up your coffee grinders. You can keep clean in the two ways like setting a time schedule and by visual appearance.
Visual appearance means you will clean the coffee grinder when you notice the grinder has been messy. On the other hand, time scheduling means you can clean weekly or daily.
What type of coffee grinder is best?
You can’t get good coffee unless you select a good coffee grinder. So, it’s important to know what type of coffee grinder is best. There are mainly three types of coffee grinders and are Blade grinders, Burr grinders, and Manual grinders. Among them, considering overall features and capability the burr grinders are the best for good coffee.
What’s The Best Grind Size For The Cold Brew?
It’s very important to ideal grind sizes in grinders specifically for making cold brew. If you choose the ideal grind size and longer brew time then the coffee will be finer and stronger in taste. The Turkish coffee and strong espresso is the best in taste and very fine in grind sizes.
Manual vs. Electric – Which Is Better For Cold Brew?
Obviously, an electric burr grinder is the best for cold brew in all aspects if you can break the bank. It can grind large amounts of coffee beans, provide fresh flavor, and save you valuable time as well. On the other hand, a manual coffee grinder is also good at an affordable price.
Here Are The Top Five
The 5 Best Coffee Grinders for Cold Brew Reviews – 2022
01: Bodum BISTRO Burr Coffee Grinder
Material: Plastic, Rubber, Silicone, Glass, and Stainless Steel
Grind settings Option: 12 settings
Capacity to hold up: 7.75 Ounces
Dimensions:7.60 x 7.10 x 12.50 inches
The Bodum BISTRO Burr Coffee Grinder is an excellent quality electric burr coffee grinder that crushes coffee beans ensuring actual smooth flavor and aroma.
This smart grinder comes with 12 adjustable settings that help to grind coffee beans exactly from coarse grind to fine grind size.
So, you can get the perfect grind for any brewing procedure and can easily prepare cold brew coffee.
Besides, this electric burr coffee grinder is designed with a static-free borosilicate glass container along with a rubberized grip.
For that reason, this conical burr coffee grinder can catch and safely transfer the grounds as well as obstruct ‘jumping’ coffee grounds.
This conical stainless steel burr grinder comes with a preset timer feature that helps to crush the precise amount of coffee you require.
Moreover, this electric coffee grinder has a multifunctional lid that helps to hold beans fresh.
Overall, considering the coffee grinder for cold brew consumer reports, I strongly recommend this Bodum BISTRO 1 EA as the best option for you if you especially like French press coffee.
- Keeps up the coffee bean’s genuine flavor
- Designed with a silicone band around to prevent slipping
- Originates a consistent grind
- Relaxed to clean
- Provides a good faculty for espresso lovers
- Grinds fast
- Excellent looking as mentioned
- Glass grounds container function wonderful
- Quite noisy
- Internal gears made with plastic
As a whole, this Bodum BISTRO Burr Coffee Grinder is a beautiful style and excellent performance french press burr coffee grinder that can grind consistently and proficiently. So it will not be bad as the best coffee grinder for cold brew lovers in fact. Hopefully, you will be a crazy lover of its cold brew coffee making performance.
02: OXO BREW Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Material: Stainless Steel
Grind settings Option: 15 settings
Capacity to hold up : 0. 75 pounds
Dimensions: 7.4 x 12 x 16 inches
The OXO BREW Conical Burr Coffee Grinder is a powerful and durable conical burr grinder that can crush coffee beans with precise grind size.
This better brewing coffee grinder’s conical burrs are made with long-lasting 40-millimeter stainless steel that can make uniform grounds for optimum smell and taste.
Compared to the Bodum BISTRO Burr Coffee Grinder, this Conical Burr grinder is more powerful; and has more Amazon reviews, as well as it’s the best burr coffee grinder in American Test Kitchen.
Besides, you can balance your grind to match your taste as it comes with 15 adjustable settings. In fact, you will get a better experience using this conical burr coffee grinder.
This coffee grinder is designed with a one-touch start timer that can hold your last setting. So, you will grind your coffee beans very easily without wasting time if you once set the setting.
However, you may definitely put this OXO Brew Conical Burr in your buggy considering its overall quality and performance.
- Provides high quality and consistent grind
- Gentle sound
- Has a good value for money
- Piece of cake to use
- Super easy to clean
- Better brewing for cold brew coffee lover
- Grounds container wouldn’t lock into place
- Sometimes may vibrate out at the time of grinding
- The bottom burr can’t be removed to clean up
Generally speaking, you might be happy with this purchase because this Conical Burr Coffee Grinder hit many of the important features and for the budget, it’s one of the best coffee grinders you hopefully feel better about.
03: Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
Material: Black Plastic
Grind settings Option: 40 settings
Dimensions: 4.70 x 6.30 x 13.80 inches
Weight: 6.83 lbs
The Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder is one of the most widely used grinders in the market since 2012.
You will be satisfied seeing its grind compatibility and you can rely on it confidently for brewing coffee at home.
Like the OXO BREW Conical Burr Coffee Grinder, this high rated Coffee Grinder is also designed with 40mm conical burrs but these conical burrs are commercial-grade.
Besides, this espresso grinder is perfect for coffee professionals as it comes with 40 grind settings.
It’s designed with 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs so you can check out the massive range of brew methods.
The front-mounted pulse button and ON/OFF switch make this grinder more user friendly.
If you think about the durability of this electric coffee grinder then we will say Baratza is a world-class support brand.
This coffee grinder has a powerful DC motor and its burrs are made with hardened alloy steel. So, hopefully, you will get trusted functionality.
However, in this article, this Baratza Encore is the best conical burr coffee grinder that’s well built and has excellent value for the price.
- Made with 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs that provide genuine flavor
- Has 40 grind settings for an extended range of brewing methods
- Front-mounted pulse button feature and on/off dial switch for convenient use
- Easy maintenance
- Designed with durable hardened alloy steel burrs and hard plastic body
- Possesses a powerful motor
- Has excellent customer service
- Quite louder
- Slower in the grinding process
If you want to buy such an electric coffee grinder that’s specifically wonderful to use to get a coarse grind for cold brew, then undoubtedly this Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder will be the best option. Hopefully, you will appreciate the build quality of this grinder after using it. In fact, it’s a wonderful grinder and works effectively.
04: Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder
Material: Stainless Steel Grinder
Grind settings Option: 16 settings
Capacity to hold up: 8.8 Ounces
Dimensions:14.60 x 9.60 x 7.80 inches
Weight: 4 pounds
If you want to purchase a commercial-grade solid steel conical burrs electric coffee grinder, then the Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder might be perfect for you.
This cold brew coffee grinder will give you the most extensive range of precision grinding along with various types of brewing methods.
It’s made with advanced technology to provide maximum flavor. This french press coffee grinder is designed with a brush – safety lock mechanism for convenient use.
If you compare this capresso grinder to the Baratza Encore Burr Grinder, then you will see that this Grinder machine comes with16 grind settings and its price is relatively more affordable.
The 16 grind settings are characterized by four categories like fine,extra-fine, coarse, and regular.
So, it’s very simple to crush coffee beans from fine to very coarse using this electric conical burr coffee grinder.
It performs excellently with reduced noise and cleaning is also very easy as well.
However, this is another great coffee grinder machine in the American Test Kitchen.
- Comes with 16 stepped settings to provide various brewing procedure
- Possesses gear reduction motor that makes less friction and heat
- Preserves maximum flavor and smell
- Has removable Coffee Containers for easy cleaning
- Designed with commercial-grade conical steel burrs for high precision grinding
- Safety lock mechanism for safe use
- ABS black plastic housing provides healthier drinks
- Timer dial feature for perfect timing grind
- Slower grinding speed
- Requires cleaning daily
- Has no available grip to remove the bin
Overall this Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder is one of the best coffee grinders for cold brew lovers at an affordable price exactly. Hopefully, you will be happy purchasing this electric coffee grinder. It’s especially an excellent coffee grinder for Aeropress, espresso, and Zojirushi drip-maker as well.
05: KRUPS Professional Electric Coffee Burr Grinder
Grind settings Option: 9 settings
Capacity to hold up: 2 to 12 cups
Dimensions:4.29 x 7.24 x 10.4 inches
Do you want to enjoy a superbly well-balanced cup of cold brew coffee every morning? Then the KRUPS Professional Electric Coffee Burr Grinder may be the best companion for you with a reasonable budget.
This espresso coffee grinder can crush the coffee beans with preserving aroma and precise flavor. Because it performs its grind without overheating and comes with a grind fineness selector and 9 grind levels.
So, you can easily handle the precise grinding settings and can get the various types of coffee beverages you need.
This espresso grinder ensures greater safety because it doesn’t work if the bean container or lid is not placed properly.
You can crush whole coffee beans efficiently within a very short time using this compact and sleek design french press conical burr coffee grinder.
Compared to the Capresso Infinity Grinder, this grinder machine looks more gorgeous and comes relatively at a lower price.
But considering its overall performance, this is the best professional electric coffee burr grinder at the lowest price that you may undoubtedly put in your buggy.
- You can get fresh ground coffee every morning
- Performs uniform grind
- Avoids overheating
- Easy to clean and put back together
- Ensures greater safety
- Perfectly adjusts in grind size to the brew time
- Excellent looking
- Amount setting problem
- Too large
Overall this KRUPS Professional Electric Coffee Burr Grinder provides a pretty consistent grind. So if you look for one of the Best Coffee Grinder For Cold Brew at an affordable price then you may choose this Electric Coffee Burr Grinder without any question.
Things to Consider When Buying a Coffee Grinder (Buying Guide)
You’re here because I think you’re a coffee lover. So, if you’re a cold brew coffee-lover, you can’t begin your days without a cup of cold brew coffee. You will understand better how important a good coffee grinder is for you. So, it’s very important to consider some things before buying a coffee grinder.
So, here are some main factors that you should consider before buying:
- Cost: First of all, the cost is an important factor before buying everything. But keep in mind that a good quality coffee grinder is not cheap. So to get a high-quality coffee grinder you have to break the bank. But all the costly grinders are not of good quality. So, you have to check their materials that are sturdy and designed to last longer.
- Particle Size and Consistency: In a coffee grinder, the most important thing you need to consider is its particle size and consistency. Because this factor is mostly related to the flavor and aroma. A good quality coffee grinder provides ideal particle size and good consistency.
- Capacity: You should check the capacity before buying a coffee grinder. A large capacity grinder can hold a big amount of coffee beans at a time. If you want to make regular coffee for a few people then you don’t need to buy a large capacity grinder. Because, if you grind coffee beans before each time you brew then you will get the genuine flavor and aroma.
- Size: Size is also an important factor that you need to consider as well. Small size grinder is easily portable and perfect for limited space.
- Ease of Use and Cleaning: Some coffee grinders are difficult and hassle to clean and use. So, you need to buy those grinders which are easy to clean and convenient to use.
- Durability and Material: It’s a common factor that you have to consider. High-quality grinders are durable and made with sturdy materials. So before buying you should check whether the grinders are made with stainless steel burrs or ceramic ones. Usually, Ceramic burrs are durable and possess a longer life span.
- Noise: A good coffee grinder is less noisy. So, if you want to get a good morning then you must focus on a quieter grinder. Generally, a conical burr grinder is less noisy.
- Grind Settings: If you want to have many options of brewing methods then you require multiple grind settings. Grind settings will allow you to get a good consistency of coffee beans as you need.
Besides, By Making a cold brew from home you can learn two different methods by watching this video!
What are the different types of cold brew grinders?
You may find different types of grinders in the market. Among them, here are given 4 types of grinders:
- Manual Burr Grinder: By its name, you can understand that this type of grinder is operated by hand. As it’s operated by hand, it’s quite difficult to get a consistent grind from a manual burr grinder and comes with a limited feature. However, if you focus on the lower price point then you may choose a manual burr coffee grinder. The best recommended manual burr coffee grinder: JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder
- Electric Burr Grinder: Electric burr grinder requires less effort of you to operate as it’s powered by electricity. Besides, this type of grinder comes with tons of advanced features. In case of providing the real taste of coffee and the most consistent grind, the electric burr coffee grinder trounces the manual grinder. The most recommended electric burr grinder: Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
- Blade Grinder: The blade grinder grinds coffee beans by using a blade in the center of the grinder at a medium speed. In fact, the blade grinders are easier to use and more affordable compared to the burr grinders. But while it comes to the most consistent grind, the blade grinder doesn’t trounce over the burr grinder. However, the most recommended blade grinder is the Hamilton Beach Fresh Grind Blade Coffee Grinder.
- Blender: You may also use a blender to grind coffee beans but for the greatest brewing, you must focus on the electric burr grinder. However the best blender for coffee beans: Personal Blender with 2 x 20oz Travel Bottle and Coffee/Spices
Do you know that cold brew coffee is one of the latest and most widely used coffee trends of the last few years? But it may seem quite daunting to find the best coffee grinders for cold brew in the market.
To solve this issue, we have reviewed here the top 5 best coffee grinders especially for cold brew lovers and hopefully, they are the best for all aspects.
Use one of these coffee grinders to get the best taste for brewing freshly ground coffee beans and start your days with a fresh flavor cup of cold brew coffee.
Before finishing I am leaving you a suggestion –Best Stainless Steel Cookware, Portable Blender, Slow Cooker, Food Dehydrator, Electric Knife Sharpener, Dutch Oven for Baking Bread Reviews, Multi-Cooker & Vegetable Slicer !! Hopefully, it will help kitchen gear that is capable of performing lots of cooking functions. Thank you!